7 Foods That Help Fight Pain
It has been rightly said that “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”. Chronic panic has been proven to ease by consuming certain foods. Here is the list of seven such foods:
- Ginger: Ginger is a common ingredient in many classic dishes, sauces, soups and Indian curries. It eases nausea and is also highly effective in fighting inflammation. It also an effective cure for menstrual cramps and aching joints.
- Turmeric: Also called Curcumin, Turmeric is full of powerful medicinal properties. It has also carries pain relief benefits. The compound in turmeric resposible for its orange-yellow color carries anti-inflammatory effects. Patients with Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis can benefit from its use.
- Virgin Olive Oil: The compound called Oleocanthal present in Olive Oil works like ibuprofen. This oil has has Lubricin that prevents cartilages from breaking down and keeps the joints sliding smoothly.
- Coffee: Low doses of caffeine, found in coffee, is helpful in reducing the perception of pain during an exhausting or painful task. Caffeine is also present in chocolates, tea and many sodas.
- Salmon: A deep-sea fish that is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, Salmon offers a plethora of health benefits. It contains a compound called Calcitonin that has been proven to reduce inflammation in joints.
- Red Wine: Red Wine when consumed in limited quantity can be a health elixir. A compound called Resveratrol present in Red Wine helps in easing out disc swelling that can lead to back ache. Studies have shown that combining Resveratrol with turmeric may have an even greater impact in easing out joint pain.
- Thyme: Thyme is a tiny leafy herb that is used to enhance the flavor of food. A study conducted on mice revealed Thyme to be as effective as drug dexamethasone in treating pain perception.